Wednesday, October 22, 2008

For Janice...


K so I've been asked...or should I say Janice demanded that I update my blog. :)

My first day of school was Monday and I didn't have to be there until about 11 am so I took my sweet time that morning...my mistake. I had to catch the bus so I went to the designated bus stop that Steve had shown me earlier and waited for the 45 bus. Well I didn't know that you had to flag the bus down so I just stood really close to the curb and looked pleadingly at the bus driver...didn't work so well and I ended up chasing after the bus a bit. He stopped for me but when I got on the bus he was laughing as were the other passengers. Needless to say it was slightly embarrassing. Also I need to invest in a bus pass because it costs about 1.70 euro each trip so 3.40 euro per day and it's getting expensive!

Ok...well sorry janice but i'm really tired so i'll just leave you with a few pictures and finish up this post tomorrow!


My house...well you get the idea

Gearoidin's classroom! It's in a Victorian brick home that was converted into part of the school, is bigger than it looks from the outside and is quite drafty!

Ceiling of classroom

View from front of classroom

Newpark sign

1 comment:

Abby said...

oh goodness...i probably should have warned you about the buses! Ireland looks and sounds a lot like the UK as a whole...1.70? Sheesh...

The school looks cool!! I can't wait to hear what's it's like with all the kids...are you going to be like a museum exhibit (oooohhhhh american....) :) :)

Update often! See you in a few days! (oh my god my room is trashed I need to clean up soooooo badly. :))

[thanks for the compliments on the pictures by the way... :) :)]
<3 <3